Baked Pita Chips Recipe
How to make baked Pita Chips. Great way to use pita bread to bake a healthy snack. An easy pita bread baked chips recipe with olive oil and sea salts. A great alternative to the store bought chips as they are low in fat, can control the amount of sodium, as many watch there sodium intake diet. Serve with hummus, 7 layer dip, spinach dip, salsa dip, ranch dressing, and wide variety of delicious dips. Making baked pita chips can be seasoned with many herbs and spices to taste. Baking is much heart healthier version then frying the pita bread. A great gourmet, snack idea. No need to purchase over priced bags of pita chips, when its simple and easy to make your own at home. Plus its fresh and you can control what herbs spices, salt etc you put on the healthy snack. Depending where you purchase a bag of pita bread, the cost is usually under $1.00 for a count of 6 breads. Try middle eastern or ethnic markets for great deals on pita bread. To save on groceries try coupons on groceries blog http://howtoexpo.com/blog/coupons-groceries
1) Preheat oven at 400F Degrees
2) Using Pita Bread, cut the round pita in half, then into triangle shapes.
3) After cutting them into triangle shapes, seperate the pita in half. Your left with a thin triangle pita shape.
4) Place on a baking sheet wrapped in foil, keep flat at one layer. Do not over lap or it will not get crispy.
5) With a pastry brush dab with a little extra virgin olive oil.
6) Then sprinkle with a sea salts to taste.
7) Season with herbs and spices of choice (optional)
8) Place in the oven and bake for 6 minutes, take the tray out after the cooking time, flip over and place back in the oven for another 6 minutes or until desired crisp is achieved. (cooking time depends on your oven, so do make sure to check often so it does not burn)
9) Serve alone or with a wide variety of your favorite dips also available here at HowToExpo.com. Enjoy!
Hummus Olive Dip Appetizer Recipe: VIDEO
- pita bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt