BBQ Tandoori Lamb Kabob Recipe
Tandoori lamb or beef kabob on bamboo skewers is whats on the menu. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, the garlic, ginger, yogurt and the other spice s. Barbecue them on the grill and serve them to family and friends. Serve these kabobs at your next party.
1) Place 8 bamboo skewers in water to soak them. Bamboo skewers can burn easily if this method is not done.
2) In a mixing bowl add the ground lamb, cumin, garlic, ginger, and salt to taste. Combine together well.
3) Make a shape of a sausage and thread onto the bamboo skewers or skewers of choice.
4) Prepare the marinade, in another bowl add the yogurt, and tandoori paste and mix together. Coat all over the skewered meat and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
5) If cooking on a grill preheat it on medium high heat. Rub vegetable oil or olive oil with a kitchen paper towel on the grids. Or if cooking on a bbq plate spray with some oil.
6) Cook the kebabs for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
7) And serve! Enjoy!
*NOTE - Perfect served with Indian Raita
*NOTE - To avoid the ground meat to stick to your hands use a little water on your fingers to shape the meat.
- 300g lamb mince
- 2cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tandoori curry paste
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- olive oil cooking spray