Beef Stroganoff Recipe
How To Beef Stroganoff Recipe Video, the popular Russian recipe. This delightful recipe, has traveled many continents and has become a popular dish in many households. Using your choice cut of meat and cook as much as necessary for desired tenderness. This recipe can also be made with chicken breast. My only suggestion would be to change the red wine to white wine. Perfect with egg noodles, either as a bed in the plate, or mix it together. This recipe will make plenty for 4 to 6 people. Enjoy!
If you have any questions after watching this How To Beef Stroganoff video please do not hesitate to ask.
1) In a stainless steel deep pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil, add the meat in batches and sear the meat on both sides, season with salt and and black pepper to taste. Cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side, on medium heat.
2) Remove the seared meat into a bowl, and repeat until all the meat is done.
3) Once you are done with the meat, pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and saute the onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
4) When the onion is soft, place all the meat back into the pan, and sprinkle 3 tablespoon of all purpose flour, and mix together well. The flour will soak up all the juices.
5) Pour in the red wine, beef broth, worcestershire sauce, and bayleaf. Mix together. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours on medium heat.
6) In another pan, heat up 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil or butter. Add the mushrooms into the pan and saute, sprinkle the paprika and cook down for about 5 minutes.
7) The last 20 minutes of cooking the meat, mix in the mushroom mixture and cook together for the rest of the duration.
8) Turn the heat off, and allow to cool a little before adding the sour cream.
9) Boil water in a pot, and cook the egg noodles to desired tenderness (follow directions on package)
10) Serve on a bed of egg noodles, or mix in the egg noodles into the stroganoff, garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
If you liked this How To Beef Stroganoff Recipe you might like these recipes:
Beef Vindaloo Recipe A delicious Beef Casserole Recipe
Eggplant and Beef Kebab This is a popular family recipe that is kitchen tested a thousand times
Omelet With Ground Beef Recipe Perfect for breakfast
- To sear the meat:
- 3 tablespoons olive Oil
- 2 pounds of beef, cut into thin strips or 1 inch rounds.
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- To saute the onions and garlic:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Combining the Beef with onion mixture:
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- For the mushrooms:
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 1/2 pounds white button mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pound egg noodles (cooked)
- parsley to garnish, chopped