Beef Vindaloo Recipe
Beef Vindaloo Recipe is an Indian Beef Curry recipe that not many people talk about but those who try it always ask for it. Hope you give it a try. This is a Goan dish worth adding to your menu.
How you make it is important and this video leaves nothing to chance so enjoy making one of my favorite curry dishes the Beef Vindaloo curry.
My friends have the tendency to call this recipe the Beef Curry recipe. As there are so many variations of curry recipes, this is one version you will wish you made more of. Surprise yourself or your guests of how simple and easy it really can be to made a 5 star meal at home with this quick tutorial. This recipe can also be made even more spicy, by adding cayenne pepper, jalapeno chillies or more dry red chillies.
Enjoy this amazing Beef Vindaloo Recipe!
1) Using a spice grinder, add the cumin, yellow mustard, fenugreek, black pepper corn seeds and red chillies (remove heads if any). Blend together under powder.
2) Place into a small bowl and pour in the white wine vinegar and sugar, mix together. Place to the side
3) In a heavy bottom pot or pressure cooker, heat the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and onions and cook until soft. Mix in the softened onions into the spice bowl made earlier. Blend together with a hand blender until paste. If you do not have a hand blender use a food processor.
4) Using the same pot the onions cooked in, heat up another 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil and the beef cubes. Brown all sides of the beef and cook for about 10 minutes, on medium high heat.
5) Remove the browned meat into a plate. (meat should not be cooked at this point) Pour half the juices onto the meat and keep the other half of the juices into the pot.
6) To the same pot, add the ginger and garlic cook for about 2 minutes. Add the coriander, turmeric and cardamon powder and continue cooking for another minute.
7) Add the onion, vinegar, spice paste into the pot and season with salt to taste. This is the vindaloo paste.
8) Add the meat back into the pot and pout in 1 cup of water (for pressure cooker) (1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups for the pot). Mix together and place the lid on the pressure cooker or on your pot.
9) Pressure Cooking: Cook for 15 minutes on medium high heat - Regular pot cooking time: Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours on medium heat (check on the meat to see if it is cooked and if there is enough liquid in the pot so it does not stick or burn)
10) Allow for the pressure cooker to cool down (whenever using a pressure cooker please follow manufacturer instructions) Open the the lid of the pressure cooker and see if the meat is cooked and tender.
11) Cook for an additional 5 minutes so that the sauce reduces a little or serve as is if you prefer more sauce.
12) Serve on a bed of yellow and white rice or rice of choice. Perfect with Naan bread.
If you liked this recipe you might also like these:
Chicken Curry An easy curry recipe that I make often and my family ask for this recipe quite often.
Chicken Gizzard Curry Again my family loves this recipe, I end up making it once or twice a year.
Best Japanese Curry Japanese cuisine is not known for curry. This is an interesting adaptation of a curry recipe. So just for fun give it a try.
Spinach and Potato Curry This one is a keeper. Does go fast so don't skimp on quantity.
Curry Powder Recipe Now you know how to make curry powder.
Indian Hummus Tasty Variation of the popular hummus
Things You Should Know When Cooking Curry Information on how to cook curry written by Mariette
Which of the above recipes are your favorites? Have you given all these recipes a try?
- 1 1/2 Beef Stew Meat - 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion - finely diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger - finely chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 dry red chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon powder or 5 cardamon pod seeds ground
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper corns
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt to taste
|Indian Spicy Chicken Recipe||Indian Spicy Chicken Recipe|