Best Fattoush Salad Recipe
Fattoush Salad is popular for one reason it is tasty.
This Mediterranean salad is like no other. It is a healthy Vegetarian / Vegan recipe. Topped with Fried or baked Pita. Wheat Pita was used in this video but regular white pita is more typically used. Cooking Healthy delicious food is made real easy with this instructional video. In a mixing bowl the dressing is prepared with a little oil, lemon and sumac which really gives this salad a distinct flavor. Perfect for a party or those upcoming holidays, your friends and family will love it!
1) Pita Bread cut them into small squared and fry them in vegetable oil until golden brown and crispy. With a slotted utensil remove the pita chips and place them on a kitchen paper towel. Set aside and cool.
2) Using Verdilago or romaine lettuce or a combination of the two. Wash the vegetables well. Using Verdilago, remove just the leaves and keep whole.
3) To make the dressing, in a mixing bowl, add the lemon, sumac, garlic, salt, extra virgin olive oil. Mix together well and place on the side.
4) To make the salad, in a large mixing bowl, add the romaine salad, Verdilago, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, parsley, mint, green onions.
5) Pour the dressing onto the salad and give it a good mix, sprinkle the fried or baked pita chips and mix together well.
6) And serve! Enjoy!
*NOTE - Verdilago is seasonal vegetable, therefore not available year round.
*NOTE - Pour the dressing and add the fried / baked pita chips only when ready to serve, otherwise the vegetable can wilt, and the bread will get soggy.
- Pita Bread - Fried - Cut into small squares and cool
- 2 bunch of Verdilago - Cleaned - Whole Leaves only
- 1 Romaine Lettuce - Chopped
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 2 garlic - crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper - small cubes
- 1 green bell pepper - small cubes
- 1 cup cucumber - chopped
- 3 small tomatoes - chopped
- half a bunch parsley - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon green onion - finely chopped