Black Bean & Cilantro Dip
Recipe For Black Bean Dip - Black Beans Dip
Perfect for Casual gatherings, this tex mex style black bean dip will have your guests talking. Great flavors with hint of garlic, fresh cilantro, and a little bit of spiciness from the cayenne pepper accompanied with your favorite tortilla chips or pita chips (tortilla and pita chips recipe available on howtoexpo.com site) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for upto 2 days. If you are preparing ahead of time, I recommend prepping everything, but the fresh cilantro and chopped green onions. Just put it all together when ready to serve for best results. Black Beans have many great nutrients as well, just an added bonus! Hope you give this recipe for black bean dip a try.
1) Using a food processor, closed and ready to process, turn on, and drop the garlic through the funnel and it will chop up the garlic. Turn off.
2) Open the lid to the food processor and add the rinsed and drained black beans.
3) Process until almost smooth.
4) Take the green beans out and into a mixing bowl.
5) Add the shredded carrots, fresh lime juice, chopped green onions (also known as scallions), fresh chopped cilantro, cayenne pepper or paprika, tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt to taste.
6) Mix all the ingredients together well.
7) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 limes, juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika
- salt to taste