Black Eyed Blackeye Pea Hummus Dip
Black Eyed Pea Hummus Recipe Dip
Are you a fan of the original traditional chickpea (garbanzo beans) hummus. It is definitely widely known and loved. Since the the dip gained so much popularity, alternative methods of recreating the dip have originated, and thus the black eyed pea hummus recipe dip was created! It makes sense, almost any bean that you can make smooth can be made into a dip. This hummus recipe will be a good one to give a try. This recipe calls for canned black eyed peas, but if you have the dried kind, you will need to cook it in a pot full of water for atleast 30 minutes or until it is tender. But if you are tight for time, and have some cans in your pantry, its a fairly quick fix. If you do not want to use mayonnaise, you will need to use extra virgin olive oil. Hope you enjoy this lovely recipe dip.
1) Using a food processor, add the rinsed and drained canned black eyed pea, tahini (Sesame Seed Paste), mayonnaise, lemon juice, paprika powder or cayenne pepper, finely chopped garlic, cumin powder. Season with salt to taste. Blend all the ingredients together.
2) Transfer into a serving bowl, sprinkle with chopped parsley and/or thinly sliced green onions.
3) Serve with tortillo chips or pita chips (recipe available on this site)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black eye peas, rinsed & drained
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt to taste
- parsley, chopped (optional)
- green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
|Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Dip||Sun Dried Tomatoes and Garlic!|