Breafast Trifle Recipes by Food Networks Own Patrick and Gina Neely!
Watch these two love birds make an amazing Tifle in minutes. So easy to put together, a great center piece at a breakfast when you have friends and family that have slept over, perhaps after the holidays, or for the girls coming over for a nice breakfast in the morning. Can also be served at brunch. Making this easy country breakfast in a dish with grits, boiled eggs, and sausage.
And no Trifles do not only need to be sweet, this fun recipe is especially nice to make with the kids. They will love it!
Hard Boiled Eggs:
1) In a pot of water add 4 eggs and bring the water to a boil. Once the water is boiling turn the heat off and allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 15 minutes. Allow for the eggs to cool, then peel and chop them.
2) On a preheated and greased skillet on medium heat, place the sausage patties and cook on each side for 4 minutes. Then remove from the skillet and chop coarsely.
Assemble Mini Breakfast Trifles:
3) Using trifle bowls - spoon in grits, top off with cheese, hard boiled eggs and sausage. Top off the trifle with tomatoes, then as an option garnish with chopped chives or tablepsoon of sour cream.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup quick cooking grits
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 breakfast sausage patties
- Cheddar, shredded for topping
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- Sour cream, optional
- Chopped chives, optional optional
|French Toast Casserole Bake||Baked French Toast - Quick and Easy|