Bulgur Pilaf Recipe
Bulgur Pilaf Instructions:
In a non stick pot on high heat, add the olive oil and onions, allow to cook until soft and translucent. Add the water, black pepper, All Spice, salt. Bring to a boil.
Add the bulgur and chick peas[reserve a hand full for garnish, cover with the lid cook on low for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Serve and garnish with chick peas and sprinkle of black pepper.
*NOTE - Chick Peas also known as Garbanzo Beans
*NOTE - Instead of water, vegetable, chicken or beef stock may be used.
I hope you enjoyed watching this Bulgur pilaf recipe video and if you have any cooking questions, do not hesitate to ask. your comments are always welcome.
All my recipes can also be found on in my profile page.
- Bulgur - 2 Cups - #4 Large Bulgur
- Onion - 1 Large - Finely Chopped
- Chick Peas - 1 Can [15 Ounce] - Washed and Drained - Optional
- Olive Oil - 4 Tablespoon
- Water or Broth of Choice - 4 Cups
- All Spice - 1/4 [Quarter] Teaspoon
- Salt - To Taste
- Black Pepper - 1/2 [Half] Teaspoon - To Taste