Bulgur Pilaf with Vegetables Chickpeas Recipe
Bulgur Pilaf with Vegetables Chickpeas Recipe - Healthy whole grain wheat bulgur pilaf with onions, garlic, chickpeas, and mixed vegetables of choice. By not adding any butter, this is virtually a fat free diet food recipe. Its nutritious and a great addition to your cooking menu. Its not always you can find a recipe that is so tasty yet healthy all at the same time.
1) In a large sauce pot add the vegetable oil on high heat.
2) Once the oil is heated add the onions and saute until soft and translucent.
3) Add the garlic and mix in with the onions and cook for another minute.
4) Mix in the bulgur, water, chickpeas, vegetables and salt and pepper to taste.
5) Bring to a boil and cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
6) Once the bulgur is tender, add the butter (optional).
7) Turn heat off and allow to settle for 5 minutes.
8) Serve! (sprinkle with a little black pepper, Optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup #4 Course bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1 can chickpeas (15.5 oz)
- 1 mixed vegetables (peas, sweet red pepper)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter (optional)
|Bulgur Pilaf with Coriander & Almond Recipe||Great simple bulgur pilaf with coriander seeds! So healthy & tasty!|