Butterscotch Pecan Fudge
Butterscotch Pecan Fudge Recipe is so simple to make. Prep time is approximately 30 minutes, and a cooling time of about 2 minutes for it to set for easy cutting. This Butterscotch Pecan Fudge Recipe can also be changed with the nut of your choice, for instance, toasted almonds bits or walnuts. Also this is a great fudge recipe to make for bake sales, office parties, and or gift bag treats. However you jazz up this recipe, it sure is a great one to keep.
1. Using a 8 inch square pan, grease all sides and bottom of pan with butter.
2. Use a suace pan cook the brown sugar, milk, and 1/2 cup of butter over medium heat. Stir constantly, until butter is melted.
3. Mix in the marshmallow creme. Keeping the heat at medium, until the mixture boils for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Use a candy thermometer should reach 234ºF or if you do not have a candy thermometer you can check by taking a small amount of the mixture and dropping it gently into a cup of very cold water. When removed from the cold water it should form a soft ball that can easily be flattened.
5. Remove mixture from heat.
6. Add butterscotch chips, and stil until smooth.
7. Then add in the pecans and mix.
8. Using the greased square pan, spread the mixture evenly.
9. Let stand for about 2 hours or until firm.
10. Cut into 6 rows by 8 rows and enjoy.
Tip: To check if your candy thermometer is working accurately, boil water in a saucepan and clip the thermometer to the side of the pot. Boil for 2 minutes and the thermometer should read 212ºF.
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 1 bag (11 oz) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans