Caribbean Chicken Salad Recipe
Caribbean Chicken Salad Recipe - How to make Caribbeam Chicken Salad Recipe
A total meal, and healthy as well with lean low fat skinless boneless chicken breast on a bed of mixed vegetables with a very flavorful salad dressing. Make ahead of time or the day before and you can put this salad together quickly!
This is a great salad to make ahead of time, it has components you can make a day before, which will make it even more flavorful, as the longer salsa sits in the fridge the more delicious the flavors will be. This is also great for parties or to take with you on a road trip. As it can be eaten cold. If you do not want to grill the chicken, you can pan cook it or oven bake it. Hope you give this Caribbean chicken salad recipe a try, and if you do or have your own version please do leave us a comment below. Enjoy!
1) First thing is to marinade the chicken with the teriyaki merinade sauce. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate with the sauce for 2 hours.
2) In another small bowl, mix together the onions, chopped jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, garlic and fresh cilantro. This mixture is the salsa for the salad, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
3) For the dressing, in another small bowl mix in the honey, sugar, mustard, vinegar, lime juice, and oil. Mix together until well combined. Cover once again and refrigerate.
4) When ready to make this delicious salad. Heat up the grill. Oil the grill grates with some vegetable oil so that the chicken does not stick to it.
5) Discard the marinade that the chicken was in, and place the chicken on the grill.
6) Grill the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Some chicken breasts are thicker than others so cook until the juices run clear.
7) Place the mixed greens on a plate or bowl.
8) Add the fresh salsa and pineapple chunks. Break the tortilla chips and sprinkle over the salad.
9) Once the chicken is cooked, you can either cut it into strips or place it entirely on top of the salad.
10) Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad to taste.
And ready to serve. Although the dressing is not high in fat, if you are watching your diet simply reduce the amount of dressing you put on the salad. Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breast halves, skinless & boneless
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (seeded optional)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper (optional) seeded
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3/4 pound mixed salad greens
- 8 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 to 4 cups corn tortilla chips