Cheese Enchilada Casserole
Recipe For Cheese Enchiladas - Cheese Enchilada Casserole
A spanish Recipe for cheese enchiladas. If you would like to have a healthier version of this recipe try getting the cheese low fat, and use cooking spray instead of canola oil. Perfect for lunch and for vegetarians as there is no meat in this Cheese Enchilada Casserole. Make it spicy or mild using jalapenos or keep it mild and kid friendly. No matter what this will be a great addition to your cooking menu and your kitchen table. Enjoy!
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) In a mixing bowl add sharp cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and jalapeno, cottage cheese, thinly sliced green onions, minced garlic, chili powder. Mix together well.
3) In a 1 1/2 quart oven safe baking dish. Coat the bottom and sides with the canola oil or cooking spray.
4) Arrange one layer or corn tortilla (3 count) on the bottom of the baking dish.
5) Spread half of the cheese mixture onto the corn tortillas.
6) Repeat with another layer of corn tortillas, then another layer of the cheese mixture. Finish with corn tortillas on top.
7) Pour the taco sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle the Monterrey Jack Cheese on top.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until all the cheese has melted.
9) Top with thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 corn tortillas
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped