How To Cook Italian Chicken Cacciatore Recipes Giada De Laurentiis Food Network. Giada De Laurentiss on How To Cook Chicken Cacciatore. In this video, Giada makes this recipe so easy to make and under 30 minutes you will be well on your way. Its not very complicated to make, and very presentable to guests.
1) Season chicken pieces with salt and black pepper and coat each piece of chicken into all purpose flour.
2) Using a large skillet or saute pan, heat the oil and place the chicken pieces in the pan. Cook until browned. (5 minutes per side)
3) Remove the chicken on to a plate and set aside.
4) Into the same pan the chicken was cooked in, add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until the onions are soft. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5) Pour in the wine and reduce until half. May take up to 5 minutes. Stirring often.
6) Mix in the tomatoes, broth, oregano, and capers.
7) Place the chicken back into the saute pan with the wine tomato sauce and bring the sauce to a simmer. (20 to 30 minutes).
8) Cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
9) Transfer chicken pieces into a serving plate or platter and reduce continue to cook the sauce until it thickens a little.
10) With a spoon, spread the sauce on the chicken and top with fresh chopped basil. Enjoy!
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt to taste
|Chicken Parmesan||Family will love it!|