Chicken with Pesto Pasta
Pasta With Chicken Recipe - Chicken And Pesto Pasta
Quick and easy recipe which is great to prepare with chicken or shrimp or if you prefer the vegetarian version simply omit the meat. Very fulfilling, with wonderful fresh flavors of pesto and asparagus. No need to purchase store bought pesto sauce, we have a wonderful recipe for you and it could be stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks. Everything could be prepared the night before, and quickly tossed together when ready to serve. This Pasta with Chicken Recipe and Pesto Sauce is a mouth watering, delicious recipe.
1) Any pasta you choose will work with this recipe, follow the directions on the package to cook the pasta. Make sure to reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid after pasta is cooked. Drain the rest of the pasta.
2) In a large non stick pan, heat up the oil and red pepper flakes (optional) and asparagus and cook for 5 minutes. (If you do not want to use Asparagus, you can use any vegetable you prefer, zucchini would be a good alternative.
3) Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
4) Season with salt and black pepper, herb pesto.
5) Add the pasta heat through for 2 minutes, mixing with all the ingredients.
6) If it seems a bit dry, you can add a little bit of the reserved pasta liquid. (No need to use the entire amount reserved)
7) Add the cooked chicken into the pasta, and mix together well.
8) Serve the Chicken Pasta with Pesto sauce on a plate garnished with fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- cooked chicken pieces (cooked shrimp is also a great alternative)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3 cups sliced asparagus (sliced in 2 inch Pieces)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half or keep whole
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons herb pesto
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- grated Parmesan to taste
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste