Chicken Piccata By Giada De Laurentiis
How to make Chicken Piccata by Giada from Food Network. What a simple and delicious recipe. Packed with a lemon and capers white sauce that is made to perfection. Very easy to put together and can be served with pasta, rice or even mashed potatoes. Giada De Laurentiis in this recipe video will demonstrate step by step how to make chicken piccata. This recipe will make enough for 2 people.
1) Prepare the chicken, then lightly season with sea salt and black pepper.
2) Using all purpose flour dredge the chicken and shake off any excess.
3) Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet.
4) Once the butter and oil are sizzling place the 2 pieces of chicken breast and cook for about 3 minutes each. When the chicken is browned, flip over and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate. Continue with the rest of the chicken, by adding the rest of the butter and olive oil.
5) Pour the lemon juice into the pan that the chicken cooked in, also the chicken stock and capers. Return to the heat and bring to a boil. Make sure the scrap all the brown bits left from the chicken which adds extra flavor to the chicken picata dish.
6) Place the chicken back into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
7) Remove the chicken from the pan into the serving dish and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the sauce and whisk in vigorously.
8) Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.
9) Within less than 30 minutes you will enjoy this lovely recipe, Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, butterflied and then cut in half
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
|Chicken with Pesto Pasta||Chicken or Shrimp Pesto Pasta|