Chicken Soup, Kale, Spinach and Orzo Pasta
How To Make Chicken Soup - Homemade Chicken Soup
Ever wonder how to make chicken soup, well this is a quick version full of great flavor. Nutritional benefits of vitamins A and C as well as Iron and calcium. This hearty soup is great addition to your cooking menu, especially during those cold days when you need that extra little something to warm you up inside. This soup is fairly quick to make especially if you have the chicken precooked ahead of time, cut up into small bite size pieces. If the chicken is pre cooked then this soup from start to end should only take under 15 minutes to prepare. The Kale, celery and spinach add a wonderful earthy flavor to this soup recipe, and the little ones will also enjoy it.
1) Using a large soup pot, pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
2) Add the kale, cooked chicken, celery, carrot, spinach and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Mix in the dill, black pepper and lemon juice.
4) Ladle in individual soup bowls and top with a little sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
If you give this Homemade Chicken Soup recipe a try, please do leave a comment below, or otherwise if you have your own chicken soup version you would like to share please post below as well.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 bunch fresh kale, rinsed
- 1 cup celery stalks, chopped finesly
- 1 cup carrot sticks, chopped finely
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon, seeded
- black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste (optional)