How To Cook Chicken Tetrazzini by Giada De Laurentiis From Food Network
Directions: Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
1) Using a 13 x 9 x 2 inch deep baking dish.
2) Combine the butter and oil on a heated skillet and melt. Add the chicken and cook until golden about 4 minutes on each side.
3) Season the chicken with salt and black pepper to taste. Remove the chicken and allow to cool, then shred and set aside into a bowl.
4) In the same pan the chicken was cooked in, add 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil and saute the mushrooms until all the liquid has evaporated. (12 minutes)
5) To the mushrooms add the garlic, onion, thyme and saute with the mushrooms until the onions are translucent.
6) Pour in the wine to the mushrooms and simmer for about 2 minutes until the wine evaporates. Place the mushroom mixture onto the chicken in the bowl.
7) Over medium heat melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the same pan the chicken and mushrooms cooked in. Once the butter has melted add the flour and mix together to make a roux. Pour in the milk, broth, cream, nutmeg, salt and black pepper and mix to make a sauce. once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and bring to a simmer. Whisk often until the sauce thickens slightly.
8) In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the linguine or pasta of choice and cook until al dente about 7 to 9 minutes. Drain the excess liquid and add right away and add to the bowl.
9) Add the peas and parsley sauce to the bowl. Mix together well.
10) Pour the pasta, chicken, mushrooms and sauce mixture into the greased baking dish.
11) Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and cheese evenly all over
12) Place the baking dish uncovered into the preheated oven. and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
13) After cooking time is complete remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then serve! Enjoy!
*Fact: did you know that Chicken Tetrazzini is not an Italian Recipe? It is actually an American Dish, invented in California in 1908-1910 by Ernest Arbogas and was named after a well known Italian opera star, Luisa Tetrazzini.
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup dried Italian-style breadcrumbs
|Roman-style Chicken||The title says it all! Its wonderful!|