Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Chocolate Covered Pretzels - Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
Pack them in a lined box with some wax paper or in a mug and wrap it up and you have a great easy gift to give year round. Use different variety of flavors and colors as festive toppings for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Birthdays, Christmas, Hannukah. Perfect fun little project to do with the kids, and can be done a day ahead for optimum flavor and freshness. Remember to add a little note on the box to say that these pretzels although most probably wont last long after opened, but are best eaten within 2 weeks. The Chocolate Covered Pretzels will be a perfect little addition to a gift basket as well.
1) Using your microwave, use a microwavable dish, preferably a cup or mug. Place the chocolate in the dish and cover with a small piece of wax paper.
2) Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes on high or until the chocolate is almost melted. Stir as necessary until it is smooth and all melted.
3) Choose your favorite toppings, or the ones suggested in this recipe. Place each topping on its own plate.
4) Using long pretzel rods, dip it in the melted chocolate.
5) Immediately after dipping in the chocolate take the pretzel out and sprinkle with a coating of your favorite toppings.
6) Place the already dipped pretzel onto a pie plate, leaning uncoated portion on the edge.
7) Continue with the rest of the pretzels and try not to have them touch each other during the cooling process. On a cool day you can leave the coated pretzels out or on a warmer day place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to set.
8) Store the pretzels in a sealed container so that they do not go stale. Can keep up to 2 weeks.
- 8 ounce milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25 (8-inch long) pretzel rods
- Flaked coconut
- green, red, and white sprinkles (for topping)
- Any toppings that you prefer.