Crisp Coconut Date Cookies
Coconut Date Sugar Cookies are easy to make as you are using a store bought sugar cookie mix then dressing up the cookies dough mixture with some coconut, dates, whole grain cereal and condensed milk. This is especially great recipe if you have bought to many sugar cookie mixs and want something different or want to put a personal touch to a plain sugar cookie. No matter what your friends and family will have no idea that you used a boxed sugar cookie mix, rather will praise you for what an awesome cookie you have baked from scratch. It is very crisp and delicious and definitely a recipe to keep. Enjoy!
1. Preheat ove to 350ºF
2. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet
3. Follow the directions on how to make the Sugar Cookie Mix
4. Mix in the dates, coconut and the condensed milk.
5. Add the cereal and gently mix together.
6. Use a tablespoon to add the cookie dough mixture onto the parchment lined paper cookie sheets. (1 spoonful for each cookie) (2 inches apart)
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
8. Remove baking sheet with a oven safe heat resistant glove and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
9. Remove the cookies and place onto a cooling rack.
10. Keep at room temperature in an airtight covered container.
Tip: These Crisp Coconut Date Cookies are not recommended to be frozen, as the cereal in the cookies will lose its crunch.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup lightly packed flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped and pitted dates
- 1/2 cup canned sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 cups Whole Grain Cereal of choice.