Cucumber Hummus Tomato Sandwiches
Vegetarian Sandwiches - Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
This is a wonderful Vegetarian Sandwiches, best described as tomato, hummus, cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
Has wonderful fillings, like fresh basil, a slice of cheddar cheese, green or red onion slices, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Perfect for a light lunch or dinner. Or even if you want to serve it at a party as finger sandwiches would work as well. Because it does have vinegar however, I do not recommend preparing this recipe hours in advance, but it sure can be put together fairly quickly.
We have many hummus recipes available here on HowToExpo. From the traditional the more common hummus, to the ones with additional herbs and spices, and even some made with other beans other than garbanzo.
1) Take each slice of bread and spread the hummus with a thin layer evenly.
2) Top one side of the bread with onion, basil leaves, and a cheese slice.
3) in a small bowl, toss together the cucumber, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar.
4) Top each sandwich with the tomatoes and cucumbers evenly on top of the cheese on one side of the bread.
5) Cover with the hummus spreaded bread.
6) Cut to size desired, and serve!
- hummus, store bought or homemade (recipe available on site)
- 10 slices of bread
- 3 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 5 Persian cucumbers, or any cucumber you have in your fridge
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- red onion, thinly sliced, (optional)
- or green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- fresh basil leaves
- thinly sliced cheddar cheese
|Hummus Without Tahini||No Tahini Recipe|