Easy 3 Bean Soup Recipe
Easy Bean Soup - 3 Bean Soup Recipe
How to make a quick and simple 3 Bean Soup Recipe. It does not get any easier than this, and you will have a hot bowl of yummy soup within 15 minutes. Using canned beans makes this recipe fairly quick to make with not much prep time. Prepare your favorite sandwich or salad to serve with this soup, or make the soup your main coarse with a piece of rustic bread. The crushed red peppers can be replaced with paprika for a mild flavor to make it more kid friendly. This soup recipe should serve 4 comfortably. Make is all vegetarian / vegan soup by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
1) In a large pot on medium heat, heat up the extra virgin olive oil, saute the onions for 5 minutes
2) Then add the garlic and crushed red pepper (optional) Saute for about a minute.
3) Pour the broth into the pot and bring to a boil.
4) Once the broth is hot, add the kidney beans, pinto beans, and the black beans, mix occasionally, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
5) The last minute of cooking add the cilantro, reserving a little to garnish with when serving.
6) Season with salt and a little bit of black pepper. (keep in mind store bought chicken broth usually has plenty of salt (sodium) so taste the soup before seasoning it with any more salt.
7) Serve in your favorite soup bowl or cup and garnish with a dalup of sour cream, and a few sprigs of fresh cilantro.
NOTE: Comment below on your results after trying this Easy Bean Soup, or if you have another 3 Bean Soup Recipe you would like to share.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onions, finely diced
- 6 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 15 ounce black beans, rinsed & drained
- 15 ounce kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
|Red or Brown Lentil Soup||Vegetable Broth instead of Chicken Broth to make this a vegetarian/Vegan Soup Recipe|