Easy Fried Fish Fillet Recipe
Easy Fish Fillet Recipe that can be used with any white fish. Perfect for lunch or dinner with french fries, and a green salad. In this video tutorial Mariette demonstrates how to make Fried Mahi Mahi Fish Fillet. This has been a staple recipe in her menu for many years and truly a family favorite. And the kids love it also! The combination of spices used are fabulous, and can be adjusted to your liking. She does use cayenne pepper for that extra spiciness, but can easily be changed to paprika. She usually makes some fried french fries to accompany the recipe. Any white fish can work, including dover sole, cat fish / catfish, cod, flounder, tilapia, rock fish / rockfish, whitefish, red snapper, halibut etc. The fish can also be cut into small length wise strips to make fish sticks. Fish and chips! Delish!
Fried Fish - Mahi Mahi or any White Fish
Instructions: Serves 4 Preparation Time 20 minutes
1) Using Fresh Mahi Mahi Fillet (If Frozen thaw and tap dry with paper towel) Or any white fish.
2) Add all the spices individually to each fillet, the coriander, garlic powder, paprika(or Cayenne Powder).
3) In a plate place a few spoon full of flour and place each fillet in the flour coating it on all sides.
4) In a fryer or pot pour vegetable oil and let heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully place each fillet in the oil. (Do not overcrowd) Cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. The thinner the fish the quicker it will cook, so adjust accordingly.
5) Remove the fish from the oil and place them onto a paper towel and plate.
6) Serve with lemon or lime wedges and perfect by french fries or a salad.
*NOTE - If you want to avoid frying your fish, you can also shallow fry this recipe, or even bake it for a healthier choice. Enjoy!
*NOTE - Serve with steamed vegetables Like carrots broccoli and Brussels sprout. Use the leftovers in sandwiches the next day (If there is any left that is.) Just put a bed of lettuce under the fish sprinkle some hot sauce and lemon juice on it and you have a delicious lunch.
fish fry, fish recipes, British foods, fish and chips, British food, mahi mahi, fish recipe, mahi recipe, fish and fries, fish and french fries, coriander, fresh, fried, flour, potato fry, how to cook fish, how to make fish, how to fry fish, how to, fish chips, fish & chips, fish and chip, fishing, fish recipes, seafood, how to cook seafood.
- four pieces Mahi Mahi fillet or fish of choice
- Paprika (or cayenne powder)
- salt to taste
- Coriander powder
- garlic powder (or fresh garlic finely crushed)
- wheat flour or all purpose flour