Eech - Healthy Bulgur Salad
This recipe is also called Eetch or Itch. Its great served warm or even cold. It is a bulgur salad, with pomegranate molasses, tomato, onion, and served with lettuce to make a wrap with or even fresh grape leaves or grape leaves in brine. Toorshi (Pickle) are perfect with this recipe, for instance turnip pickles, dill cucumber pickles. A healthy full of nutrition salad that is a perfect addition to your vegetarian vegan diet.
1) In a stock pot, heat the olive oil and add the onion and saute until soft.
2) To the onion, add the red pepper paste and the tomato sauce and dilute the red pepper paste to a smooth consistency. Add the cayenne pepper (Optional)
3) Add the black pepper, lemon juice, 1/2 cup parsley, salt, pomegranate molasses.
4) Turn the heat off, and immediately add the bulgur, mix the tomato mixture with the bulgur.
5) Cover with a lid and with the heat off allow to sit for 15 minutes.
6) Open the lid after the 15 minutes is up, check the bulgur if it is tender, if it is not then allow to sit an additional 5 minutes. (it is important to use #1 Bulgur for this recipe)
7) Eat warm or cold (Traditionally this salad is eaten cold) Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cold.
8) Serve with pickled turnips, dill pickles, fresh or grape leaves in brine. Perfect as a lettuce wrap or simply eat it on its own. Enjoy!
What kind of reaction did you get when you served this delightful dish?
Link back to this page, just copy and paste <a href="http://howtoexpo.com/recipes/eech-healthy-bulgur-salad">Eech Recipe - A Healthy Bulgur Salad</a>
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Onion - Finely Chopped
- 3 Tablespoon - Red Pepper Paste
- 2 cans 15 ounce each tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley - chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley - chopped (For Garnish)
- 2 green onions - finely sliced (For Garnish)
- 2 lemon - juice
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 1/2 cups #1 Fine Bulgur
|Beef Barley Soup Recipe||A great big bowl of Beef Barley Soup will surely warm you up.|