Egg Nog Bread Recipe
Egg Nog Bread - Recipe for Christmas - Egg Nog Quick Bread
This the season to be jolly, falala lala la la - With this Egg Nog Bread Recipe - Recipe for Christmas - A gift that will be loved to say the least, because the flavor is so amazing. Very quick to put together, no rising involved just mix together and pop in the oven. Now the best part of this recipe, is that you can make it ahead of time, even several days ahead of time and give it as gifts using small loaf pans, maybe to your friends at work or make a larger loaf and give it as a gift when you go to someones house during the holidays. It definitely tastes like a Recipe for Christmas!
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
1) Using three 6x3 inch loaf pans or a 9x5 inch loaf pan, great the bottom with butter or cooking spray.
2) In a small saucepan melt the butter and allow for it to cool a little.
3) In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and beat until well combined, then stir in the sugar, eggnog, rum extract, melted butter, and vanilla.
4) In another mixing bowl, combine the baking powder, nutmeg, salt and flour.
5) Mix in the wet ingredients (eggnog mixture) into the dry ingredients.
6) Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
7) To check if it is done, place a tooth pick into the center of the loaf and when you take out the tooth pick it should come out clean. That is when you will know the bread is ready to come out of the oven. The smaller loaf pans bake between 25 to 40 minutes.
8) Take out of the oven and allow it to cook on wire racks for about 10 minutes in the pan. Once it is completely cool, you can remove them.
9) Wrap the bread with plastic wrapand store in the refrigerator.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup eggnog (not the canned eggnog)
- 2 teaspoons rum flavored extract (or use the real stuff)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg