Eggplant and Ground Beef Casserole
Easy Eggplant Ground Beef Casserole Recipes - Casserole Recipe for Eggplant and Ground Beef. What a quick and easy recipe video from Vera. This dish will wow your family at the supper table, and can be made for under $10, serving up to 6 people. And would you believe it's all done in less then 30 minutes. It is not labor intesive at all, and can be served with bulgur rice, white rice, or even brown rice. Can also be made with half a pound of ground beef instead of the 1 pound used. Or go all vegetarian and not put meat at all! Its tasty, budget friendly and impressive! Hope you give it a try.
1) In a large sauce pot, heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
2) Saute the chopped onion until soft about 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Add the garlic and green chillies and cook for about a minute more.
4) Then place the ground beef into the onion mixture and cook until browned. Season with salt and black pepper. (Make sure to break apart the ground beef so that its not all chunky)
5) Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper paste and mix into the meat. Then pour in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
6) Season with sumac, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. Mix together. Cook for 5 minutes.
7) Wash and cut the eggplant into half moons about 1 inch pieces.
8) Add the eggplant to the tomato sauce. and mix together to coat.
9) Cover with a lid and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on medium high heat.
10) Do check on the casserole several times during that 20 minutes and mix.
11) Ready to serve!
*NOTE - Serve with our Basmati Brown Rice Recipe, or Orzo and rice, bulgur pilaf, or simply with your favorite bread.
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 2 green chillies, sliced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
|Meatballs Recipe||Meatballs Recipe|