Eggs, Mushroom, Leek & Linguine Frittata
Mushroom Frittata - Breakfast Casserole - Egg Frittata Recipe
A fabulous breakfast casserole which may either be called Mushroom Frittata or Egg Frittata however it has wonderful ingredients like fresh leeks, and linguine pasta topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Baked in the oven this recipe is ready under 30 minutes from start to finish. Make it the day before, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, the next morning simply pop back into the oven after removing the plastic wrap of course and heat until thoroughly heated. Make this frittata recipe spicy with cayenne pepper and or crushed red peppers to taste. Or if you prefer you can add chopped jalapeno peppers instead. Hope you give the recipe a try and please leave your comments below.
1) Boil a medium sized pot of water, season woth salt and a little canola oil.
2) Add the linguine pasta, and cook for 6 minutes.
3) Drain and set a side.
4) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
5) Heat a non stick pan and spray with cookin spray or 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
6) Add the mushrooms and sliced liiks and saute on high heat for 5 minutes or until the leeks are tender.
7) In a medium sized bowl, add the eggs, canola oil, milk, salt and black pepper, and whisk together until well combined. (cayenne peeper or crushed red pepper can be added in this step if spicinesss is desired for this dish)
8) The to the milk and egg mixture add the cooked leeks and mushrooms, cooked pasta, fresh basil and toss together to coat well.
9) Coat the botton and sides of a baking dish with cooking spray and por mixture in the dish.
10) Top with mozarella and Parmesan cheese and place in the preheated oven for 12 minutes or until set and golden brown. (cooking time varies for each individual oven, keep a watchful eye on it)
11) Cut into slices and serve.
- 3 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large stalks of leek, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese