Feta Garbanzo Bean Salad
Feta Salad - Salad with Feta Recipe
Feta Salad Recipe is a wonderful and easy salad to toss together which is delightful and full of flavor! Perfect for vegetarians, parties, or for a light lunch. A great salad to make ahead of time for parties. My suggestion is to not mix in the dressing until 2 to 3 hours before being served, although it does not go soggy, the longer it is chilled, the more the flavors will marry together and make a delicious Garbanzo bean salad. Adjust the ingredients to taste, or if you are watching your diet, you can always reduce the amount of feta cheese in this recipe, if you do not like onions, you can omit it, or use green onions instead.
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, which include the tomatoes, red or white onions, chopped green pepper, sliced olives, feta cheese, cucumbers, beans, garlic
2) Either combine the salad dressing directly with the above, or if you prefer, you can mix it in a separate bowl. The dressing includes, the Italian salad dressing, garlic salt and pepper, lemon juice, mix together well and pour over the salad.
3) Toss the salad with the dressing and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
4) And Serve!
- 30 ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise seeded(optional)and sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion or white onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 6 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste