Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
Fresh Salsa Recipe - Recipe For Fresh Salsa
A reaaly easy fresh salsa recipe with cherry tomatoes, basil and seasoned with red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar. Perfect to top on your favorite toast bread or use as a topping many fish recipes. The vibrant color of this salsa will not only make the dish appetizing but also gives it a wonderful flavor. You can prepare this recipe the night before, just omit the salt, as the salt draws all the liquid from the salsa, best to sprinkle some salt when about to serve. The longer you refrigerate the more the flavors will come together in this recipe for fresh salsa. If you have some extra, you can also use it with tortilla or pita chips as a dip. Enjoy!
1) In a medium mixing bowl add the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, cayenne pepper (optional) and minced garlic.
2) Mix together well.
3) quarter the cherry tomatoes and add to the mixing bowl.
4) Slice the fresh basil thinly and add to the tomatoes.
5) Toss together well, taste to see if the recipe needs some salt, season according to your liking.
6) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- 3 large tomatoes or 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- fresh basil, 1 bunch, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt to taste