Garlic Green Bean Saute
Garlic Green Bean Saute is a choice side dish recipe for many reasons. Family isn't eating their greens? well this Garlic Green Bean Saute will have kids asking for it. Try it with all your main dishes and you'll find out that this garlic green bean recipe is a perfect fit.
First blanch the green beans - Blanching Green Beans Video
As someone who wants to feed the family balanced food it is sometimes hard as all the not so healthy foods have the most exposure to the kids and us adults. So finding interesting recipes that will capture the imagination and deliver on taste and look is so important. Eating veggies is so important to our over all health and this is one way to keep it interesting.
For those who wish to omit the garlic then you just simply saute the green beans. I have made this vegetarian recipe many times for party buffet and whenever I feel it would compliment the food I am serving for dinner.
I do look forward to hearing your input on this and what ways you have found to keep the family to eat their veggies.
1) In a saute pan, melt the butter.
2) Then add the sliced onion, and the sliced almonds. Saute until onion is slightly translucent and the almonds start to have a toasty color.
3) To the onion and almond mixture add the garlic.
4) Add the cream, and sprinkle a little black pepper and sea salt to taste.
5) The onion mixture is ready for the green beans, mix together well.
6) Season with a little more salt and black pepper to taste.
7) Serve warm. Enjoy!
Lots of savings options with coupons on groceries
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onions, thinly sliced,
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of sliced Almonds
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- 1 clove of garlic - crushed
- 1 pound blanched green beans
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste