Garlic Spread Recipe - Toum - Garlic Mayonnaise
Garlic Spread Recipe - Toum - Garlic Mayonnaise - Popular Middle Eastern Cuisine Spread. This garlic spread is called Toum in Arabic which means Garlic, and found a lot Lebanese Cuisine, especially with Chicken Shawarma, Gyro, Roasted Chicken. It's served as an appetizer, as its so delicious even simply spread on pita bread. Make enough cause it will go fast. In this video demonstration, Chef Kamal will show you how to make this fabulous dip, spread.
1) In a food processor, add the garlic and salt and pulse until chopped.
2) While the food processor is running, drizzle in a slow stream the oil 1 cup to start.
3) Then a tablespoon or two of lemon juice.
4) Then continue another cup of the oil.
5) Back to the lelmon juice. Continue this method until all ingredients are well incorporated in the food processor.
6) The consistancy should be mayonnaise like and white in color.
7) Place in a container uncovered to chill.
8) Then place a cover ontop for an airtight seal.
9) Keep refrigerated for several weeks.
- 1 cup fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 cups canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/3 cup lemon juice