Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Green Bean Casserole
The origins of green bean casserole can be dated back to 1955 in the United States but many cultures around the world have been making one form of this recipe or another for much longer than that. This is my favorite Green Bean Casserole recipe and I would like to share it with you.
Looking forward to making some videos of other variations from around the world and your suggestions or input on your favorite green bean recipes would be appreciated.
1) In a large pot, add the olive oil, once the oil heats up add the onion and saute until translucent.
2) Once the onion is translucent add the garlic, jalapeno (optional) , tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, red pepper paste, black pepper, salt and sumac. Mix together and bring to a simmer
3) Add the frozen green beans mix together cover with a lid and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until green beans are tender.
4) If using fresh green beans cook between 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
5) Serve alone, or with rice and bread. Enjoy
Hope you liked this Green Bean Casserole Recipe and if you have any questions or comments I would love to hear from you.
If you liked this recipe you might also like
A recent post on Canned Green Bean Recipe This should be interesting to see the kinds of canned green bean recipes that pop up.
- 4 to 5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 15 ounce diced tomato
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds frozen green beans
- salt to taste
|Vegetarian Moussaka Recipe||Vegetarian Moussaka, a completely meatless meal with amazing flavor.|