Grilled Chicken Salad
Grilled Chicken Breast Salad Recipe BBQ Recipes with Dressing. Delicious and easy barbecue chicken salad with fresh fruit of choice or without up to you. Topped with pecans makes this salad delish!
1) Preheat the BBQ Grill on high, and lightly oil the grate with some vegetable oil.
2) Place the chicken on the grill grate and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. The chicken is cooked once the juices run clear.
3) Remove into a plate and allow to cool, then slice.
4) On a heated skillet dry roast the pecans for 10 minutes on medium heat. Set aside and cool.
5) Using a blender, add the sugar, vegetable oil, onion, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Process to a dressing consistancy.
6) In a serving plate, layer and arrange several pieces of lettuce and top with the grilled chicken slices, fresh fruit of choice, pecans.
7) When ready to serve pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad and serve.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn
- fruit of choice