Ham And Potato Soup
Ham and Potato Soup, a fabulous creamy soup.
1) In a stockpot add 1 tablespoon of butter and add the onion and saute until soft. Then add the celery, potato and ham and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
2) Add the chicken or vegetable broth, season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
3) Using a separate saucepan or skillet, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of better. Once the butter is melted add the flour and allow the flour to absorb all the butter. Gradually pour the milk and keep stirring and repeating until all the milk is used and has a smooth texture. Add the milk slowly to avoid forming lumps.
4) Add the milk mixture into the stockpot and mix in well. Cook the soup until it is heated through.
5) And Serve.
*NOTE - To make this a vegetarian meal, omit the ham, and use vegetable broth instead.
- 3 - potatoes - Medium Size - Cut in bite size cubes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup Cooked Deli Ham - Cubed
- 1 medium size onion - finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 5 tablespoon of butter
- 5 tablespoon of flour
- 2 cups of half and half milk
|Cauliflower Soup Recipe||Cauliflower Soup Recipe|