Healthy Three Beans Bean Salad
Three Bean Salad - Healthy Bean Salad
This salad would be a great addition to any dinner table or pot luck. Many wonderful ingredients coming together to creat a fantastic salad that everyone will love. Make it spicy or not, your choice of course. If you like it a little crunchy add the green bell peppers, otherwise it is perfect as it is. Three Bean Salad, is also very healthy, with simple ingredients. Perfect for a BBQ, party or any day of the week.
1) In a large mixing bowl, add all the beans that have been rinsed and drained. This includes the kidney beans, chickpeas which are also known as the garbanzo bean, and the black beans. Using canned beans is the best for a quick salad. (another vegetable you can add to this salad, is either green bell peppers, or if you prefer to make it a spicier salad, adding a jalapeno pepper would do the trick.)
2) To make the three bean salad dressing take a small mixing bowl and add the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, finely chopped garlic, fresh basil leaves, chopped, and season with black pepper to taste. (at this point you can also add a little cayenne pepper if you like a little spiciness) Whisk the dressing until well combined.
3) Pour the salad dressing over the salad and mix together well.
4) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or even overnight ( the longer is sits the better it will taste as all the ingredients will come together)
- 3 celery sticks - finely chopped
- 1 small red onion - finely chopped
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves - chopped
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste