Healthy Tomato Basil Soup
Tomato Basil Soup - Recipe For Tomato Basil Soup
Light and Healthy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe. Especially on a calm cold winter day, either for lunch or dinner, this soup recipe will hit the spot. It also has crushed red peppers, which spices the recipe up, but of course the amount you put can be based on your taste buds. For a more kid friendly recipe, replace the crushed red pepper to paprika. Garnished with a sprig of fresh basil, and top it off with your favorite croutons. Make plenty as you will want to have another bowl for sure.
1) In a large pot, heat the olive oil.
2) Saute the onion for 5 minutes, then add the garlic basil and crushed red peppers, cook for 1 minute.
3) Add the broth and tomatoes, bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Simmer covered on medium heat for 15 minutes.
5) Allow to cool for 5 minutes, the with a hand mixer blend until the soup has a smooth consistency.
6) Season with salt and a little black pepper to taste.
7) Bring mixture back to a boil, then turn heat off and serve.
8) Garnish with a basil leaf and croutons (optional)
- 3 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
|Easy 3 Bean Soup Recipe||Soup under 15 minutes|