Herb Vinegar Recipe
Herb Vinegar - Flavored Herbal Vinegars
If you are looking for a simple and easy way to make Herb Vinegar which can be used year round and also be given as a great gift. Then this is the recipe you have been lookng for. This Vinegar actually can last for over 6 months and only uses up 2 ingredients. Use a variety of herbs to make the flavor that you like, for instance fresh thyme, oregano, chives, rosemary, basil, tarragon or even fennel. Make them all and put them in different bottles, place them in a basket and give them as a gift. For sure its a personal home made touch that will be remembered for years to come. Want to make some purple vinegar? How do you make that you ask? Well simply use purple basil and in no time the vinegar will turn a lovely shade of purple.
1) Pick out a 16 ounce bottle and a cork or lid.
2) Make a water bath in a pot (simply boil water in a pot) (this is to sterilize the bottle)
3) Place bottle into the water bath, becareful of fingers and hands not to burn. Allow the bottle to cool to room temperature.
4) In another small pot, pour in the vinegar with 1/3 cup of water and bring to a boil. Once the vinegar and water come to a boil, remove from heat.
5) Place your favorite herb into the sterilized bottle, and using a funnel pour the hot (not boiling) vinegar into the bottle, right over the herb.
6) Cover with the lid or cork and store on your kitchen counter at room temperature.
7) After use, there is no need to refrigerate, it can be left on your kitchen counter or anywhere that you prefer.
8) Make use of the homemade vinegar on your favorite salads or any recipe that calls for flavored or herbed vinegar. Enjoy!
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary or any herb of your choice.