Homemade Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce Recipe
Homemade Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce Recipe - Fettuccine Alfredo sauce recipe is not at all difficult to make. Making it home made rather then buying it frozen is always a great alternative. Add chicken or even shrimp to this recipe can work. Mix the pasta around and use whatever pasta you prefer or have at hand. But traditionally this Italian recipes is made with Fettucine pasta.
1) Boil water in a large pot with a little salt.
2) Once the water is boiling add the fettuccine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until ad dente.
3) Drain the water in a colander and set aside.
4) Melt some butter in a large frying pan and add the chunks of chicken and brown.
5) Add the mushrooms to the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Cook the chicken well.
6) Season with salt and pepper, and some garlic powder ( or use a clove of crushed garlic)
7) Pour in the whipping cream and mix well.
8) Cook until the sauce thicken, then add the Parmessan cheese.
9) Add the fettucine noodles to the frying pan, or pour the sauce on top of the pasta and serve.
10) Garnish with a little parmessan cheese.
- 8 ounces fettuccini pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste