Homemade Tortilla Chips Recipe
This Homemade Tortilla Chips Recipe breaks the myth that making chips is hard. By following the instructions in this how to video you will be making tortilla chips like a pro. Visiting friends? or are you haveing friends over? well now you can prepare some amazing tortilla chips that you simply can't buy from the market.
Since you're making the chips why not maket the dip too? I have included a list of simply amazing dips that are kitchen and guest tested. I used White Corn Tortillas for this video and I have to confess that my results with yellow corn tortillas was OK but not a total success. If anyone knows why I would love you to drop me a line. Now don't get me wrong it was fine and edible but not as crunchy as the white corn chips I made in this video.
1) Take a stack full corn tortillas and cut in half, then cut indo wedges. Each Tortilla should make about 6 chips.
2) Heat canola oil in a deep pot or fry pan, and once the oil is hot, place the Tortillas in the hot oil, making sure to not over crowd the pan.
3) Fry the tortillas until they change color a little, and are crispy, if need be flip over carefully to fry the other side.
4) Remove the chips from the oil with a slotted spatula, onto a paper towel lined dish.
5) Sprinkle sea salt on top.
6) Repeat until done with all the tortillas.
That is all there is to it! There is nothing like fresh tortilla chips, ready to eat with your favorite salsa. Actually try our Pico De Gallo fresh salsa recipe, which goes perfect with these chips. Store in a sealed plastic zip lock bag for ultimate freshness after the chips have cooled.
- tortilla, as many as needed
- canola oil
- sea salt or regular table salt