How To Make Moroccan Mint Tea
Moroccan Mint Tea Recipe - How to make mint tea. Its a great simple recipe. This tea is one the most essential things in Moroccan culture, as well as many parts of the world. You will love the combination of flavors of green tea and fresh mint sprigs brewed in hot water and sweetened to your liking. If you have never tried this tea, you sure should give this recipe a try. This is served when guests are over traditionally, and after meals, but really it is loved year round at any time of the day. If you are invited over to a friends house who is Moroccan you will most likely be served this tea. Also on a lazy day, try this tea with a cheese melt on your favorite bread. Also the added benefits of green tea, which has antioxidents and many more health benefits. Super delicious, hope you give the recipe a try!
1) Pour the water into a teapot and bring to a boil.
2) Once the water is boiling in the pot, add the green tea, mint and sugar into the tea pot.
3) Brew for 3 minutes, keep the heat low. Turn Heat Off
4) Steep with the heat off for 5 minutes.
5) Fill a glass with the tea.
6) Garnish with sprigs of remaining mint.
- 10 to 12 sprigs fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tsp green tea or you can also use green tea bags.
- 3 tbsp sugar or to taste
- 4 cups water