How to Make Tzatziki Sauce Dip Recipe
On a hot summers day Yogurt Soup is refreshing and delicious. Perfect by lentil Kofta, Moujadara and can also be a dip for your favorite vegetables or breads. How to Make Tzatziki Sauce Dip - Yogurt - Cucumber - Garlic Dip. Perfect by grilled foods, spread on Gyro, dipped with vegetables or pita bread. This meze / appetizer is a great finger food, and is a staple of Mediterranean Greek tables. Made with Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and mint or dill. Its part of the Mediterranean diet, very traditional and Greek Home cuisine. There are many other countries who also make these fabulous dip, like Israeli, Armenian, Lebanese and all of the Middle Eastern countries with there own adjustments. It is a vegetarian recipe, its healthy, tasty tzatziki sauce recipe. Some may call it a cucumber dip, garlic dip or yogurt dip. Great for your next cookout, by grilled meats. So the next time you are planning on grilling up some shish kebabs make sure to try this tzatziki recipe.
1) In a small mixing bowl add the yogurt and stir until a smooth consistency.
2) Dice the cucumbers very finely or they can be grated, and drained from any liquid.
3) Place the cucumber onto the yogurt, with the garlic, dry mint, salt and mix together well.
4) Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve. Chill for approximately 1 Hour.
*NOTE - Cucumber can be peeled or not, its a matter of choice.
*NOTE - Instead of Mint, Fresh Dill can be used.
- Plain Greek Yogurt - 2 Cups
- Cucumber - 3 Count - Small - Finely Chopped or Grated
- Garlic - 3 Clove - Crushed
- Dry Mint - 1 Teaspoon or fresh Dill, chopped
- Salt - To Taste
- Fresh Mint Leave - Garnish [Optional]
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil [Optional]