Jerk Seasoning - How To Make Jerk Seasoning
This is an excellent seasoning. It can be sprinkled on any meat, including seafood. It is also a perfect little gift when placed in a bottle and labeled. Make several of your favorite seasoning available on this site and combine in the same gift box. It is important to store the seasoning in an air tight container and kept in a cool, dry place (for instance kitchen spice cabinet)
1) Using a small bowl.
2) Add the ingredients into the mixing bowl. (Thyme, all spice, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and salt.
3) Pour the mixture into an air tight container and cover with the lid. Store in a cool and dry place.
Note: When using the spice, first coat the meat lightly with some oil, then pour a small amount of the mixture onto the meat and spread by rubbing all over.
Note: As many of you may be making mixed seasonings at home because of dietary needs, and can not have to much daily sodium intake. This is a great recipe to omit the salt or put just a tiny bit to give it flavor. If you decide to omit the salt, the flavor is still there with all the great other seasonings just less the salt. It is this simple on how to make jerk seasoning at home.
Note: Also, if you like your food spicy, you can always adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to suite your taste buds.
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
|Cajun Spice Mix in a Jar||Home Made Gift In a Jar!|