Lamb Liver Recipe Saute Lamb Liver
Lamb Liver Saute Recipe
This recipe is my mother's inlaw's recipe, and we made it for many decades in this way and has always been a family favorite. I have also uploaded a raw lamb liver salad recipe (I know its not for everyone, but for those who have a raw food diet, it would be a good addition) Glad to share this recipe with all of you, hope you enjoy making this Lamb Liver Saute. This is originally an African Recipe. Very popular in Sudan.
1) Clean the liver from any membranes or fat. Cut even length wise strips.
2) In a frying pan, add some oil, and saute the onions and garlic until soft and translucent.
3) Add all the spices to the softened onion and garlic mixture, this includes the all spice, cumin, black pepper, coriander powder and cayenne pepper (optional) Season with salt to taste. Cook together for about a minute or so.
4) Place the liver in the onion and spice mixture and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, mixing when necessary. Do not over cook the liver as it will become hard. That is why it is necessary to cut it into strips evenly, so that it all cooks at the same time. If it is a little red inside, you can cook for a minute or so more until to liking.
5) Serve in your plate or dish, and sprinkle with chopped parsley to garnish. The parsley also adds flavor to the recipe.
Note: We eat this recipe with a side of pita bread, but of course any bread would work.
- 1/4 Fresh Lamb Liver
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Canolla Oil