Lemon Chicken Soup with Spaghetti
Lemon Chicken Soup with Spaghetti by Giada De Laurentiis from Food Network. Simply put Homemade chicken noodle soup made to perfection with Giada De Laurentiis from Food network. Made with chicken broth, bay leaf, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
1) Using a large stockpot, add the lemon juice, chicken broth, bay leaf, Parmesan rind, and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
2) Once the chicken broth comes to a boil, add the carrots and reduce the heat, simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
3) Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Then add the chicken and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Remove the Parmesan rind and bay leaf.
6) Add the 1/2 of the cheese and parsley, season with salt to taste.
7) Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.
If you like chicken soups then I would recommend trying this delicious soup. Giada De Laurentiis has done it again. If you do try this recipe or have a variation that you would like to share please drop me a line or leave the recipe in the comments. As it turns out my whole family loved this recipe and I will be cooking this delicious chicken noodle soup again. There is nothing better than home made chicken soup. Enjoy
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 (2-inch) piece Parmesan cheese rind, optional
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup (about 2 1/2 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste