Lentil Soup with Spinach Recipe - Green Lentils
Lentil Soup with Spinach Recipe - Green Lentils or Brown Lentils soup with Spinach. So light and healthy and delicious! This lentil recipe can be made with vegetable broth or simply with just water.
1) In a large sauce pot, heat the 1 or 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
2) Saute the onions until translucent and soft.
3) Pour the water onto the onion mixture and bring to a boil.
4) add the lentils and simmer for 20 minutes.
5) On a skillet heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and saute the garlic then add the spinach, cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
6) Season the spinach with cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper. Pour the mixture onto the lentil soup. Cook for 10 minutes.
7) Once the lentils are tender, turn heat off and squeeze the lemon juice, mix together.
8) And serve, Enjoy!
*NOTE - Instead of water, vegetable broth can be used.
- 1 to 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry brown or greens lentil
- 8 cups water
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- sea salt to taste