Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard Recipe
Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard Recipe - A Lebanese recipe called Adas Bi Hamood - In this video demonstration, you will learn how to prepare this lentil soup with Swiss Chard leaves. Topped with fresh lemon juice, and is simply delicious. There are many lentil soup recipes out there but this one stands out for you! Cooking up this vegetarian food is quick and easy to do.
1) In a deep skillet, add 4 cups of water bring to aboil, add the lentils and bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium low and simmer covered until lentils are tender about 15 to 20 minutes.
2) On another skillet add the olive oil and the onions and cook down for until the onions are carmelized, add the corriander, salt to taste, black pepper, garlic mix together cook for an additional 1 minute.
3) Add the cilantro, swiss chard and flour. Saute together until the swiss chard has wilted.
4) Pour the swiss chard mixture into the cooked lentils. Mix together and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
5) Pour in the fresh lemon juice, and stir.
6) Serve into soup bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 4 cups Swiss chard, leaves only, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 3 to 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups onion, finely diced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice