Macaroni and Cheese
Neelys Macaroni and Cheese Spicy Macaroni and Cheese
- Food Networks Patrick and Gina Neelys demonstrate their version on making the class Macaroni and Cheese Recipe. This duo, truly love to cook in the kitchen and it shows in this semi easy recipe! Make this a vegetarian recipe by simply not including the bacon.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
1) Cook the pasta in a pot of water until al dente 6 to 8 minutes.
2) In a large sauce pot melt the butter and which in the flour and cook for approximately 1 minute.
3) To the butter and flour mixture pour in the milk and whisk constantly. The mixture will start to thicken as it gets warmer, make sure to continue whisking to have a smooth consistency.
4) To the saucepan add the cayenne (optional), hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, dry mustard, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Then add the 3 cups of Cheddar and stir in until melted.
5) In a 3 quart casserole dish, pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and mix together.
6) Top off the casserole with bacon, Parmesan cheese and chips
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
8) Enjoy this recipe as a main course or as a side dish.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk, warm
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash hot sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, for topping