How To Make Meatballs With Tomato Sauce is an easy Meatballs Recipe Video. There are lots of Meatballs recipes but this is one of my favorites. It is kitchen tested, as I always make this recipe and there is nothing better than this simple and easy meatballs recipe to make for a hungry bunch waiting to be fed.
1) In a casserole, heat 2 to 3 tablespoon of olive oil, add the sliced garlic and saute for 30 seconds
2) Then add the onions and saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft and translucent.
3) Add the diced tomatoes, parsley, oregano, black pepper, salt, hot or mild pepper paste (optional), also add 1/2 cup of water. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
4) To prepare the meatballs, in a mixing bowl add the ground beef, garlic, onion, bread crumbs, oregano, black pepper, eggs, salt to taste, and a little milk as needed.
5) Mix together well. Add a little chopped parsley (optional)
6) Form the mixture into round balls to the size you like. Try to keep the meatballs about the same size so that they cook evenly.
7) Add vegetable oil in a deep pan and heat. Brown the meat balls and after they are browned all over remove them on to a plate with a kitchen paper towel.
8) Continue until all the meatballs are browned.
9) The tomato sauce should be on low simmering, to the sauce add the meatballs and continue to simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
10) Serve with rice or pasta. Enjoy!
- For the sauce:
- 3 to 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sliced garlic
- 1 thinly chopped medium onion
- 2 cans 15 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot or mild pepper paste
- 1 cup water
- For the meatballs:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 to 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 cup bread crumbs (plain or Italian bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- a little milk (add as needed)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon chopped parsley
|Italian Meatballs||Gigantic Meatballs with Ricotta Cheese|