Mediterranean Rice Pudding with Rose Water
Mediterranean Rice Pudding with Rose Water Recipe - Gatnabour - A Mediterranean pudding recipe with a hint of rose water and cardamom. Made with milk of course, it is creamy and flavorful. Give this pudding recipes a try it is so very good.
1) In a sauce pot, bring the water to a boil, and cook the rice on medium heat for about 20 to 25 minutes until the rice is cooked.
2) Turn heat off and set aside.
3) In another sauce pot bring the milk to a boil and add the rice, then lower the heat to medium heat and cook together for about 35 to 40 minutes. Stir several times to avoid burning the bottom until the pudding thickens.
4) Add the ground cardamom (optional) and the sugar and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) Turn heat off, and stir in the rose water.
6) Allow to cool a little, then pour mixture into serving bowls and decorate with ground cinnamon.
7) Usually served chilled, but can also be served warm. Enjoy!
- 3 Cups water
- 1/2 Cup uncooked short grain rice
- 1/2 Milk (8 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- Cinnamon to garnish