Muhamara Dip Recipe Middle Eastern Walnut Pepper Spread
Muhamara Dip / Spread - Middle Eastern Red Pepper Spread, perfect as part of your party recipes. In this video tutorial Mariette prepares how she has learned to make muhamara. Its very flavorful and the longer it stays in the fridge the more delicious it will become. Can be made very hot and spicy or mild and almost sweet. The pepper used is Aleppo Pepper, which comes in hot and mild. A traditional part of the Middle Eastern table menu. Very popular easy recipe and delicious. It is all vegetarian and can be a vegan recipe as well. It is made mostly with crushed or chopped walnut and pomegranate molasses plus a secret ingredient that you will discover when you visit our site :) A great nutty spicy homemade appetizer. Can be served with BBQ recipes, or simply as a mezze with some pita bread, pita chips, or any bread will work also. Some garnish with just olive oil on top, or also with whole walnuts or even chopped walnuts. Can be stored in an air tight container for upto a week. Its served with all the traditional appetizers, hummus, baba ganoush, tabouli, cheese fold overs cig kofte, kubbeh or kibbeh, tzatsiki, etc. Your guests will be guessing all night what the ingredients are for this recipe!
1) In a mixing bowl add bread crumbs and water, mix together.
2) Add the Aleppo Pepper, or red chili powder or paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper(Optional), pomegranate molasses, salt, olive oil and walnuts.
3) Incorporate all the ingredients well. Cover and place in fridge for at least 1 hour.
4) And Serve.
*NOTE - Serve with Pita Chips or bread of choice.
*NOTE - Pomegranate Molasses adds a great flavor to this dip as well as gives it a great color.
*NOTE - Traditionally this recipe is made very spicy, but can also be made very mild. Just use Pepper Powder that is not very hot.
muhamara, muhammara, moohamara, mouhamara, mhamara, moohammara, red pepper dip, roasted red pepper and walnut pesto, red pepper paste, appetizers, tapas, tarifi, pita, pita chips, chips, pita bread, bread, molasses, Arabic, Armenian, Lebanese, African, Arabic Cooking, vegan, mild, hot, walnuts, pepper, nutty
- Walnut - 1 Cup - Cut into small pieces
- Bread Crumbs - 1 1/5 Cup - Plain
- Cayenne Pepper - 1 Teaspoon - (Optional)
- Cumin - 3/4 Teaspoon
- Pomegranate Molasses - 5 Ounce
- Aleppo Pepper or Red Chili Powder or Paprika - 6 Tablespoon - Mild
- Water - 3 Cups
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 Cup
|Baba Ghanouj Recipe||A Healthy Eggplant Dip Recipe|